What Are Some Best Carrom Board Tricks And Tips To Ace Every Game?
Table of content:
- Carrom board tips
- Carrom board tricks
- Carrom board tricks and tips for playing with a beginner
- How do you aim striker in carrom?
- Which finger is best for carrom?
- Which are the best trick shots in carrom?
- Health Benefits Of Playing Carrom
The Carrom board game is a popular indoor tabletop game in India. It is commonly played in a group often at social events with family or with friends. Carrom is generally played by two or four people.
How to win in carrom?
To win in carrom, you need to pocket all the coins or pieces of your assigned colour before your opponent. And you also need to pocket the queen and after that take a cover of your assigned colour. That is how you win the game of carrom.
Want to know Who is the king of the carrom Pool game is?
Haji Ali Agariya
Maria Irudayam, India's Carrom King Who Twice Became A World Champion.
We at GetMega have already covered how to play carrom and the rules in our article. Please click here to read it. If you are a seasoned player - click here to learn about the win-win strategy in carrom.
In this article, we will explain the carrom board tricks mainly for beginners to improve your game.
If you want to play Carrom, GetMega is a platform where you can play carrom with your friends and family. Download the app now!
How can you improve your carrom game?
Here, We will cover some of the easy carrom tricks and tips for you in this section which will help you to play the game better.
Flicking the striker
The most important carrom technique is your shooting style. How well you play carrom depends on how you shoot or flick the striker.
GetMega has listed the best carrom tricks and tips to help you to become a seasoned player in no time which you can read here.
There are various techniques for flicking the striker. Which technique you want to apply, depends on the placement of the coins and your level of skill. So it is advisable to learn at least a few shots so that you can apply the best one based on the placement of the coins.
How do you shoot carrom?
No matter which style you choose, you should keep these 2 points in mind
- Always keep your hand steady on the board. Place the base/edge of your palm or fingers firmly. This will ensure that the striker is flicked the correct way and goes in the direction you want. If the striker is pushed, it can be a foul and a penalty is applicable.
- You should keep your finger close to the striker, preferably touching it. This will help you to flick the striker without hurting your fingers. If you are hitting the striker from a distance, then you might end up hurting your nails. Initially, a beginner may experience some pain in the fingers.
As a beginner, you can bend the rules until you improve.
How do you hit the striker in carrom?
The main trick in carrom is to hit the striker in the right direction at the right speed. To do this, you have to flick the striker at the correct angle with the correct amount of force.
- For close shots, use less force.
- You can try this exercise to practice-
- Place the striker on your baseline
- Flick it so that it rebounds against the opposite frame and try to make sure that the striker comes to rest on your opponent’s baseline.
- If it rests on the opponent’s baseline then this is sufficient force for straight-line shots. You will need a bit more force for cut shots.
The more you play the carrom game, the better you will get at it. Your success in potting coins increases
Also, you get a better idea of more rebounds and start using more indirect strikes to increase your chances of winning.
Enjoy the game!
Last of all, enjoy the game! In all games, the element of competition always creeps in as each one of us wants to win. But don't forget to have fun playing while you are also learning from your mistakes.
Want to know how do you always win at carrom?
Here are a few carrom board tricks to help you in your carrom game.
- At any point in the game, you should always pocket the easy coins first.
- Try to pocket maximum coins in your shot especially if you are playing first.
- While potting your own coins, try to place your opponent’s coins in difficult positions.
- Learn at least 3 to 4 shooting styles as to which style you want to apply, depending on the placement of the coins and your level of skill.
The carrom game has innumerable tricks which you will learn more as you play more.
Here is the easiest way to play Carrom:
This section is for an experienced player who is playing with a beginner.
If you are playing with a friend who is a beginner and does not know the carrom tricks and tips, you can make the game easier for him.
- Bend the rules slightly for your opponent’s advantage but not for your advantage.
- Make sure to teach them the rules so that they know.
- Your beginner friend can also play with fewer coins. Say, you have to pocket 9 coins but your friend has to pocket only 5. Slowly increase the number of coins as they get better.
No matter which method you choose, two things are important. The first is to steady your striking hand on the board with the side of your palm, thumb, or non-strike fingers. This ensures that the striker is flicked and not pushed. The second thing is to make sure that your striking finger is as close to the striker as possible. This way you improve your carrom board aim!
With this, our article on carrom board tricks and tips comes to an end. Download the GetMega Carrom app now, start practicing the carrom board tricks and tips you have learned, and increase your chances of winning!
The best-used grip is the straight grip. If you are new to carrom it can be easy to maneuver. You keep the palm of your hand facing down and place your fingers very lightly on the carrom board. You will place your index or middle finger just behind the piece and flick your finger to make your shot.
Here are some best carrom board trick shots you should include in your game:-
The First Move: Breaking refers to the first shot of the game. While breaking, if the player fails to leave both baselines to the striker, they may try again up to three times before passing to the opponent.
- Side shot
- Middle shot
- Cut and take
- Thumb hot
- Second hit
- Board shot
- Cut shot
- Double shot
Which shots are not allowed in carrom?
The player must flick the striker with one finger so that it crosses the front baseline - he is not allowed to flick backward or horizontally. Pieces at or behind the front baseline must not be struck by the striker until the striker has crossed the front baseline. In striking, the player's hand or arm must not cross the slanted foul line at either end of the baseline.
But according to International rules say that you are allowed to shoot in any direction from the carrom board. If you want to shoot backward, you can use your thumb to shoot.
Online carrom game is one of the fastest-growing games in the country in terms of online gaming. In general, this sport is known to boost the creativity of a person and make him stand on his feet. Moreover, the online carrom game helps in many ways that one can imagine. The health benefits are also obvious and hence many people are excited to play this game for a long time.
- Quick Thinking
- Helps to Improve Analytical Thinking
- Better Focus
- Sharpens the Mind
- Better Predictions
Online carrom gameplay can be enjoyed on GetMega as it is available to all. Sports is the best way to learn new things about sports and grow in the same field. Carrom board game online also has its health benefits as it brings immense benefits to the player while playing the game. It's the perfect way to relax after a busy day or simply beat boredom in a variety of situations.
|Winning Strategy In The Carrom in 2022 : Play & Win||winning-strategy-carrom|
|Top 12 Carrom Trick Shots For A Pro||12-carrom-trick-shots-for-a-pro|
|Thumbing In Carrom: How To Use Thumb Shot? : 2022||thumb-usage-in-carrom|