What Are The Rules Of 3 Of A Kind In Poker?
Table of content:
- What Is Three Of A Kind In Poker?
- Which Hands Can Beat A Three Of A Kind?
- Hands Ranking Below The Three Of A Kind
- Instances When Three Of A Kind Becomes Invincible
- Set Up For Three Of A Kind In Poker
When it comes to card games, Poker is the king of all. You will often see people playing & Learning poker at casinos or after a night of hard work. And if it comes to festivals, poker is an official game of the night. Men or women, all love to play some poker no matter when and why.
Apart from that, if you don’t have anyone to accompany you to play poker, there are always numerous applications for you to download and play poker. Now you don’t even have to keep a poker face!
Although most people who play poker are experts, some are not always good at the 3 of a kind hand in poker. If you are thinking that three of a kind is to have three cards of the same rank or denomination, you are quite right. However, that is not all. The reason 3 of a kind hand confuses many is because of the difference between the sets and the trips, which are too a part of the 3 of a kind hand in Poker.
While in the three of a kind hand the three cards should be similar in some manner as explained above, the other two cards should be a kicker. It means that they should not be forming a pair, or else it won’t be played as the 3 of a kind hand.
The 3 of a kind hand lies in the bottom half ranking of poker. It comes under the straight hand. The best 3 of a kind would be 3 Aces which will definitely give you a win.
However, let’s not get overconfident as there are a lot of hands that can beat the three of a kind at the very last moment. Let us have a look at these hands.
- The Royal Flush: In this hand, you need to have a 10, Jack, Queen, King, and Ace in the same suit.
- Straight Flush: As the name suggests, in this hand, you need to have 5 cards in a row in the same suit.
- Four of a Kind: Just like 3 of a kind, in this hand, you need to have 4 similar cards in the same suit.
- Full House: In this hand, you need to have a pair along with three of a kind to win.
- Flush: In this hand, you need to have five cards in the same suit but the numerical order is not required.
- Straight: In this hand, you need to have five cards in numerical order however not in the same suit.
The above given hands can always beat the three of a kind at the last moment in a game of poker, whether you are playing with friends, family, or online.
Don’t be discouraged, the 3 of a kind hand can also beat a few hands in poker. Now let’s see the type of hands it can beat
- Two Pair: In this hand, you have two pairs of the same card in one hand and a kicker. The suit doesn’t matter.
- One Pair: In this hand, you have one pair of the same card while the suit doesn’t matter.
- High Card: In this hand, you have no matching cards, whatsoever.
Although the probability of winning with this hand is quite low, there have been situations in poker where 3 of a kind have turned the tables around and given a winning shot. These types of hands can be three Aces, three Kings, and three Queens.
Now that you know and have learned the rules about the 3 of a kind hand let’s get to know the setup of Poker.
Usually, poker is played by a group of people around a table and an initial dealer is selected. The deck of cards is shuffled by the dealer and whoever gets the highest card is the first dealer. This is repeated again and again. The dealer is provided a token to exhibit the title. The initial dealer shuffles the deck while the player clockwise shuffles it to cut it.
If you are a beginner at poker let us tell you how to play poker.
You might know that there are 13 ranks from high to low; Ace, King, Queen, Jack, 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2 in 4 suits which are Clubs, Diamonds, Spades, and hearts. You already know all the hand rankings so let’s not get into that. Instead, let’s tell you about the betting rounds.
- Pre-Flop: Once the cards have been dealt, the first betting round is known as pre-flop which begins clockwise. The person on the left of the dealer begins and as soon as the betting has stopped only he can ‘check’.
- Flop: Once the pre-flop round is over, 3 community cards are dealt by the dealer and the second round of betting begins.
- Turn: This is taken place when another card is dealt and another round of betting initiates.
- River: River is when the final community card is dealt as well as the final round of betting starts.
If a player folds during the game, they are out of the game immediately. Especially in the final round if they fold during the last round, the other player wins.
With this, you now have all the information you need to know about the 3 of a Kind in Poker. Download the GetMega app and put this new information to the test in a game of poker!
|Top 10 Premium Poker Hands In Hierarchical Order||premium-poker-hands|
|What Are The Odds Of a Royal Flush?||what-are-the-odds-of-a-royal-flush|
|All You Need To Know About Brunson Poker Hand||all-ou-need-to-know-about-brunson-poker-hand|