Loose Aggressive Strategy: Meaning, How To Use, & Tips
Table of content:
- What is loose aggressive poker?
- How to use the loose aggressive poker strategy?
- How to play against loose aggressive poker players?
A player who plays loose-aggressive poker is undoubtedly one of the hardest opponents to go against in a game of poker. Being a painful thorn for all the players, a loose-aggressive poker player will always exploit the other players and keep raising the bets.
In this article, we will discuss and learn all the things related to playing a loose-aggressive game with the basic and the best loose-aggressive poker strategy, so let's begin!
GetMega is an amazing platform that lets you play Hold'em Poker with friends & family with real money. Sounds fun, isn't it? Download the GetMega Hold 'em Poker now!
Loose aggressive is a type of poker playing style adopted by players wherein they open and play more than average hands and play them assertively and forcefully.
The term loss aggressive can be broken down to explain its characteristics more clearly –
- Loose – this means that the players open more hands pre-flop in comparison to their opponents.
- Aggressive means that the players play by choosing aggressive betting options like – betting and raising.
Since loose-aggressive poker play involves many opening hands preflop, bluffing levels in this type of poker strategy are quite high. Still, at the same time, good loose-aggressive players tend to be very selective and don't bluff as much.
Now that we know about loose and aggressive play, let's also check out the other types of playing styles in poker –
- Tight aggressive – a player playing tight aggressive poker will play very few starting hands but will assertively play them, choosing the aggressive betting options – bet and raise.
- Loose passive – a player playing loose passive poker will play more starting hands compared to their opponents and will play them unassertively, choosing the more passive betting options – check and call.
- Tight passive – a player playing tight passive poker will play fewer starting hands compared to their opponents and will play them in a submissive manner, almost always choosing the passive betting options – check and call.
After covering basic poker playing styles, let's dive deep into the loose-aggressive poker strategy.
Adjusting and transitioning to a loose aggressive game can seem daunting if the player follows a tight aggressive poker strategy. Below we have provided you with the adjustments for playing loose-aggressive.
1. Some pre-flop adjustments –
Opening wide –
Loose aggressive players open raise more extensively than tight aggressive by and large. This situation is particularly the case of three stolen seats, BTN (button), CO (cutoff) and SB (small blind). If they think their rivals are powerless enough, a few loose and aggressive players will even venture to such an extreme as to open-raise any two cards in the BTN and SB.
Wider defending of the big blind –
Although the loose and aggressive players usually don't call much compared to tight aggressive players, they intend to defend their big blind widely while facing open raises. While a tight player will cold call the big blind with a 23% frequency, on the other hand, a loose player will cold call the big blind with a frequency of 30% or above.
Aggressively more 3 betting –
Loose and aggressive players are happy with 3-betting with a slightly higher range than tight players from every position. For instance, tight players frequently tend to have a small blind 3bet of around 7-8%, while a loose player will have 3bet somewhere between 9% and 12% from the same position.
These were some of the adjustments that are needed to play the loose aggressive poker strategy. Next, let's get down to see and learn some of the post-flop adjustments that can be made in loose-aggressive poker.
2. Some post flop adjustments –
Striking the auto-profit spots – An 'auto-profit' spot is where a normal rival player folds at an excessively high recurrence. Loose aggressive players realize which spots are folded repeatedly and, hence, will bluff tirelessly.
Below are some examples -
2. Stop and go lines (bet-check-bet)
3. Triple-barrel bluffing in position
Improving Textural Awareness –
Good loose-aggressive poker players realize how to peruse board surfaces well and change their play.
Below are 3 situations –
2. Board run-outs where all that bricks are particularly suited for triple-barrel bluffs.
3. Rivals players bluff less on specific board runouts where everything finishes. There are several different considerations like these that great loose-aggressive poker strategy players consider when settling on their choices and decisions.
Improving opponent awareness -
Great loose and aggressive players have a keen knowledge and awareness of their rival players concerning their tendencies leading the aggressive players to exploit their opponents. If a rival player is folding an excessive amount to flop raises, an accomplished loose and aggressive player will raise flops persistently until his rival player changes and adjusts.
These were some of the loose-aggressive poker strategy tips that will help you become a loose and aggressive player, increasing your chances of winning.
The next thing to cover is how to beat a loose aggressive player so that you know how to deal with them, which will help you understand their strategies and also make sure that you look out for some of these tips if used against you when playing a loose and aggressive poker strategy.
The way to beat loose aggressive poker players is to play better beginning hands better than them and exploit their assertiveness. You can generally check on the aggressive players with even your strongest hands since they will probably wager for you. If they are excessively forceful, you can even bet with your strongest hands and be raised by your loose and aggressive opponent.
With this, we come to an end to the discussion of the loose and aggressive poker strategy. Now that you know all the basics of loose-aggressive poker and players, why not try this strategy in poker games with your friends? Download the GetMega Poker app now and start playing to employ the above strategies and increase your chances of winning big!
- What is the 3 (Three) Card Poker Strategy?
- How to manage poker bankroll in MTT
- How to manage Poker Bankroll in Sit and Go Games
|Check Raise Strategy: Meaning, How To Use, & Advantages: GetMega
|Floating In Poker: Meaning, Playing Style, & Strategy: GetMega
|Overbet Poker: Meaning, How To Use, & Determine the Range: GetMega