What Are The Carrom Doubles Rules: Learn All Of Them Here
Table of content:
Carrom is a popular indoor tabletop game. The carrom game is commonly played in a group in India often at social events with family or with friends. Carrom is generally played by two or four people.
We have already covered the basics of carrom game and the rules. In this article, we will explain how to play a doubles carrom game and the carrom doubles rules.
If you want to play Carrom, GetMega is a platform where you can play carrom with your friends and family. Download the app now!
Carrom games can be played in singles or doubles. For doubles, people pair up and form a team. Carrom is one of those few board games where doubles are allowed. But there are no mixed doubles teams in tournaments.
Doubles carrom is very similar to singles carrom with small differences which we have explained below. To know more about the basic carrom game and the rules please click here.
In singles games, the players sit opposite each other.
In the doubles carrom game, the partners sit opposite each other and occupy all four sides. Partners are assigned the same color pieces. Read along to know all the carrom doubles rules.
In this section, we will explain the rules of doubles carrom.
General rules of doubles carrom
- In doubles carrom, the partners are not allowed to talk or communicate with each other by gestures during a round. Any violation in this will be a Foul.
- When playing doubles, the partners will alternate turns counter-clockwise around the board.
In doubles, the team winning the to will have the choice of side or the option to strike first. If the winners of the toss decide to have the choice of side, then the loser has to sit first.
- The player choosing to break the first round will be assigned white.
- In the doubles carrom game, the turn passes on to the player sitting on the right side of the player who had his turn.
- The break moves in an anti-clockwise direction in a doubles carrom.
Dues in doubles carrom game
- In doubles carrom, the due coin will always be taken out for placing by the player on the right of the player who had his turn.
- You cannot take out the due coin for your partner. In case your partner does not have the required coins in the pockets adjoining his side, he will ask the Umpire to provide the coins for placing.
- If sufficient space for placing a due coin is not available in the doubles carrom game, and also if the eligibility to place it has passed on to the partner, then only the partner can take out and place the coin.
With this, the doubles carrom comes to an end. Download the GetMega Carrom app now, and start playing the exciting game of doubles carrom game with your friends and family!
|What Are Some Best Carrom Board Tricks And Tips To Ace Every Game?||carrom-board-tricks-and-tips|
|How To Play Carrom Billiards Game: Meaning, Setup, Gameplay And More||how-to-play-carrom-billiards|
|How To Play Carrom Game? ( Rules, Fouls, Scoring, & Tips)||how-to-play-carrom-and-rules|