Bank Shots: Everything You Need To Know
Table of content:
This article is intended to be a guide to all players of bank pool, novice, professional, and even those who are curiously experimenting! Bank shots may seem difficult to master at first glance, but if you pay attention and practice them regularly, they will become as simple as any other aspect of the game. Let’s see how you can start!
GetMega is an amazing platform that lets you play with friends & family on video-chat with real money.
Sounds fun, isn't it? Download the app now!
There are three types of bank shots: 1) follow 2) stun-follow 3) stun . Each type is categorized by the speed and spin applied to the cue ball after it makes contact with the object ball. The faster and more spin you need, the further away you should be from your target pocket. Spin must be applied after the cue ball has made contact with the object ball.
- The correct speed is just enough to get the cue ball to stop where you need it. If not, your opponent will have an easy shot on their next turn.
- A stun-follow bank is when the cue ball slows down after hitting the object ball, causing it to roll backwards.
- A stun bank is when the cue ball stops dead after hitting the object ball. It is almost impossible to find a stun bank on the break , but possible elsewhere on the table with practice.
In order to receive the most benefit from hitting bank shots, you should stand as close to each rail. As always, practice makes perfect so be sure to practice your bank shots regularly.
- A stun-follow bank is when the cue ball slows down right after contact with the object ball, causing it to roll backward. A stun bank, on the other hand, stops dead after hitting the object ball. It is almost impossible to find a stun bank on the break, but possible elsewhere on the table with practice.
- There are many possible variants of bank shots, such as double-bank, triple bank, two rail banks, and even an apparent scratch.
On an online pool table , you can achieve bank shots by angling your mouse to the left or right and clicking the left mouse button just as your cue begins to hit the object ball. To achieve more spin, you can hold down the SHIFT key while angling the mouse.
Now that you are familiar with the rules and tricks, what are you waiting for? Experience the pool games and its benefits now by registering at GetMega pool app.