Liverpool Rummy & Its Rules
Table of content:
- What is Liverpool rummy?
- Liverpool rummy rules
- Scoring as per Liverpool rummy rules
- Why play Rummy on Getmega?
Rummy is a very popular card game both in India and in other countries. Different versions of the rummy card game are played in various parts of the world. We at GetMega, are bringing to you some of these different versions of rummy through a series of articles. In this article, we will explain about Liverpool rummy. We have also covered other variations such as 21 card rummy, rummy 500, California rummy and also the basic rummy card game in separate articles. Please click here to read them on our blog.
GetMega has 12+ games on the app including Hold'em Poker and Rummy. With 10,000+ daily players on the app, you can win up-to Rs 1,00,000 everyday. Download the GetMega Rummy app now!
Liverpool rummy is an interesting version of the basic rummy card game. It originated in the US and is similar to Contract rummy. The liverpool rummy rules are similar to any rummy card game with some differences.
This game is played by 2-8 people with standard decks of 54 cards (52+2 jokers) each. 2 decks are used for 2 to 4 players and 3 are used for 5 or more players.
The object of the game is meld the cards and reduce your hand at the end of each round. To do this, you can lay down cards to add to melds. You have form sets or run. A Set has three or more cards all of the same rank, such as 9♥ 9♣ 9♠. A Run has four or more consecutive cards of the same suit, such as 4♥ 5♥ 6♥ 7♥8♥.
Ace is both a high and low card.
Liverpool rummy has 7 rounds or deals. The number of cards is different for each deal as follows:
- First 4 rounds- 10 cards each
- Last 3 rounds- 12 cards each
- After dealing the cards for the round, the remaining cards are placed on the table (stockpile). The top card from the deck is placed face up to become the discard pile.
- The player on the left of the dealer plays first.
- During your turn you must draw and discard a card. You can take either from the stockpile or discard pile
- If you don’t opt to take from the discard pile, other players can opt to buy the top card of the discard pile. However, to buy- they have to draw 1 extra card from the stockpile.
- If you have valid sets/runs, then you can lay down your cards.
- You can also add to your own or other player’s melds. Example: if a player has laid down (4♥ 4♣ 4♠), then you can add a 4 ♦ to the pile
- The player who successfully melds according to liverpool rummy rules and lays down the entire hand wins the round.
- Then, all of the cards are shuffled and the next round begins.
Remember, jokers can represent any card while making combinations. However there are certain conditions:
- A set must have at least 2 natural cards. (Example: 7♥ 7♣ Joker.)
- A run must have at least 3 natural cards in a 4 card grouping. (Example: 7♥ 8♥ Joker 10♥)
Each 7 rounds in liverpool rummy has specific combinations of cards as per liverpool rummy rules, which you have to make in order to win:-
The value of the cards are:-
- 2-9 = 5 points
- 10, J, Q , K = 10 points
- Aces= 15 points
- Jokers= 20 points
In order to win the Liverpool rummy, you must try to meld and lay down as many cards as possible.
Also try to replace high value cards with lesser value in order to reduce the points.
The winner of the round gets 0 points. Other players add up the value of cards still in hand.
The player with lowest score at the end of 7 rounds is the winner of the game.
GetMega will offer you certain features which other Rummy platforms may not offer:-
Customer Support: We believe that the key point of customer satisfaction is customer support. We provide the best customer support when it comes to any issues regarding gameplay, transaction and withdrawal requests. We have a team of Customer Support executives who can support any query regarding only your game issues 24×7. So, just chat with us using our app and get your queries resolved quickly. We also have a blog with various articles on rummy, carrom, poker to help you understand the rules.
Game Interface: The game interface of GetMega is clean & minimalistic that the player can make a move with minimum interferences. The basic colour layout and dark theme make it easy on the eyes of the players.
Promotions: We bring new and exciting online rummy promotions every month that excites our player base. GetMega rewards the best rummy players via leaderboard promotions and special tournaments. The cash prizes range from Rs.10,000 to 1 lakh.
Different tables for different needs: Different tables ranging from ₹1 to ₹4000 and beyond to suit all types of players
Protecting the players: We strive to assist and protect players who are at risk of the potential negative effects of gaming through a number of means, including player age verification and guidance on responsible gaming. We have zero Tolerance for deceptive Practices and ban any player who does the same
Data Privacy & Security: Information is kept confidential
With this our article on Liverpool rummy comes to an end. Why not try Rummy on GetMega today?
GetMega is an amazing platform that lets you play with friends & family on video-chat with real money.
Sounds fun, isn't it? Download the GetMega Rummy app now!