Dummy Rummy & its Rules
Table of content:
- What is dummy rummy?
- Scoring rules and dummy rummy hands
- Joker rules for dummy rummy
- Deposit Offers on GetMega in Rummy
Rummy is a very popular card game both in India and in other countries. Different versions of the rummy card game are played in various parts of the world. We at GetMega, are bringing to you some of these different versions of rummy through a series of articles. In this article, we will explain about dummy rummy. We have also covered other variations such as London rummy, rummy 500, California rummy and also the basics of a rummy card game in separate articles. Please click here to read them on our blog.
GetMega is an amazing platform that lets you play with friends & family on video-chat with real money. Sounds fun, isn't it? Download the app now!
Dummy Rummy is a fun exciting variation of the rummy card game. This game originated from the US and it is similar to 13 card rummy and Contract Rummy.
This game is played by 2 to 4 players with 2 standard decks of 54 cards each (52+2 jokers) thus a total of 108 cards.
Object of the game
The object of the Dummy Rummy card game is to meld the cards and create valid sets and sequences as per the dummy rummy rules.
Dummy rummy rules
The dummy rummy rules are similar to the basic rummy card game. Please click here to read the basic rules.
- 13 cards are dealt to each player.
- There are 12 hands (rounds)
- You can draw from the discard pile(top card) or from the stock pile. After laying down your meld, you must draw only from stock pile.
- During each hand, you have to meld as per hand rules (mentioned separately) and make valid sets or runs
- You can lay down your meld.
- Players can add to the existing melds.
- You must discard 1 card from hand to end your turn.
In Dummy rummy you have to make specific combinations of sets and runs.
- A set has cards of equal rank – for example five queens. Dummy rummy allows 2 cards of the same suit in a set; i.e., 9 ♥ 9 ♥ 9 ♠9 ♣
- A run has consecutive cards and the cards do not have to be of the same suit. For example:- 2 ♥ 3 ♥ 4 ♠ 5 ♣. Aces are either high (J-Q-K-A) or low (A-2-3-4) but cannot be used as both (K-A-2-3).
Dummy rummy hands
The dummy rummy hands for each round are as follows:
- 2 sets of 3 cards each
- 1 set of three cards and one run of 4 cards
- 2 sets of four cards
- 2 sequences of 4 cards
- 1 set of 4 cards and 1 run of 4 cards
- 2 sets of three cards each and 1 run of 4 cards
- 1 set of 3 cards and 1 run of 7 cards
- 3 sets of three cards each
- 2 sets of 5 cards each
- 2 sequences of 5 cards each
- 1 set of 8 cards
- 1 sequence of 10 cards
If you cannot complete the combination in one hand, you must try again in the next round.
Scoring as per dummy rummy rules
The player melding all their cards wins and gets 0 points. The other players get penalty/negative points for un-melded cards as follows:
- The player finishing all the twelve hands with the least points is the winner.
Printed jokers and twos are used as wildcards in dummy rummy to represent any other card in a meld. Therefore, there will be a total of 4 printed jokers and 8 twos, i.e12 wildcards.
While these wildcards are useful to make sets and sequences, if they remain in your hand at the end, they cost 50 points each. So, try to get rid of wildcards quickly so that your penalty is less if you lose the hand.
The eligible Deposit offers are visible on the Deposit Page. You can easily select a suitable deposit offer and apply the same before proceeding with the deposit.
With this our article on dummy rummy card game comes to an end. There are Indian card games which are equally popular.
Rummy is one such game on GetMega. Play contests and tournaments with 100,000+ players and win more than 10,00,000 on GetMega. Download the GetMega Rummy app now!