Chinese Rummy - How To Play And Rules Of The Game
Table of content:
Rummy is a popular card game both in India and in other countries. Different versions of the rummy card game are played in various parts of the world. We at GetMega, are bringing to you some of these different versions of rummy through a series of articles. In this article, we will explain about chinese rummy. We have also covered other variations such as London rummy, rummy 500, California rummy and also the basics of a rummy card game in separate articles. Please click here to read them on our blog.
GetMega is an amazing platform that lets you play with friends & family on video-chat with real money. Sounds fun, isn't it? Download the app now!
Chinese rummy has certain unique exciting features while retaining the basics of any rummy card game. The most unique feature is that the cards used in Chinese rummy are different from our standard deck of cards.
Chinese rummy cards
Here the cards are named as per the Chinese culture. Instead of the standard spades, clubs, diamonds and hearts, in Chinese rummy there are 5 suits as follows:-
- Beasts for Sacrifice.
Each suit has 5 cards each number 1-5. Apart from this there is a yin and a yang card. So there are total 27 cards as follows:-
- A yang card
- A yin card
- 5 element cards
- 5 cards of beasts for sacrifice
- 5 direction cards
- 5 virtues cards
- 5 blessing cards.
The full card list of the suit cards is as follows:
Feeling excited with the different cards and suits? In this section, we will explain the Chinese rummy rules and how to play the game.
- This game is played by 2-3 players. If 4-6 players play then 2 decks are used.
- 5 cards are dealt to each player.
- Once the cards are dealt, the remaining deck is kept on the table.
- Similar to other rummy card games, the top most card is kept face up beside the deck. This becomes the discard pile.
- The game progresses in a clockwise manner.
- During your turn, you can take a card either from the stock or the discard pile.
- You have to meld the cards, i.e., group them into valid combinations.
- If you are using Double Decks, then you cannot meld using duplicate cards. For example: Earth 1, Earth 1, Wood 2, Metal 3, Fire 4 are not allowed.
- The first person to make the valid meld wins the round.
In Chinese rummy there are 3 kinds of melds:
- Flush- All the cards are from the single suit.
- Straight- There are 5 cards 1-5 and each card belongs to a different suit
- Five of a kind- All cards in hand are of the same rank but must be of different suites
The Ying card serves as a wild card for a flush and the Yang card is a wild card for five of a kind.
The Rummy game is listed under the ‘Cards’ section of GetMega, which is at the left bottom corner of the app. A player can choose any PR table as per their choice and can join a rummy table instantly in that respective PR (Point Rate).
With this our article on Chinese rummy comes to an end.
GetMega is India's favorite Rummy app with best in class interface and real players. With 10,000+ daily players on the app, you can win up-to Rs 1,00,000 everyday. Download the Rummy app now!