War Card Game: Learn All The Rules, Variations, And Gameplay Here
Table of content:
- How to play war card game?
- War card game rules and variations
- Why GetMega is the best app to play games online
The war card game is another popular children’s game that is very simple and fun. The objective of the game is to flip over the highest card and take either both cards in 2-player or three cards in a 3-player game.
Simply put, each player picks their war cards one at a time and compares them to the other player’s card. Whichever player has the highest card gets to keep both their own and their opponent’s cards.
The game becomes interesting when all the participants draw a card of the same rank. Then war ensues to figure out who wins that round by following the war card game rules.
The war card game can be quite competitive in nature but it also trains the mind to think fast and act quickly.
GetMega is an amazing platform that lets you play with friends & family on video-chat with real money.
Sounds fun, isn't it? Download the app now!
The game begins with the 52 cards being equally divided among the number of players. If there are 2 players, they each get 26 cards. If there are 3 players at the table then each of them receives 17 cards and the remaining cards are stored as a reward for the winner of the first war.
Assuming a 2-player game, this is how to play war using the correct war card game rules:
Each player picks up one card from their dealt deck simultaneously. The player who has the highest-ranking card wins that round and collects both the cards. If the players each pick up a card of the same value that’s when the war begins.
The settlement of these tie wars varies which we will discuss in variations. However, the basic rule is, during the war, each player lays down the tied cards followed by another card that is face down. A third card is placed face up. The player with the highest-value card here wins all 6 cards in play.
When a player wins a round, they collect the cards they won and place them at the bottom of their pile. These come back into play during subsequent wars.
You can play war card game online these days with friends and family. Casino variations such as casino war games are also available across various destinations as live table gameplay.
The war card game rules are simple because the gameplay is widely popular among children.
- Each player must only pick up one card for the showdown.
- The losing player hands over their war cards to the winning player.
- In a 3-player game, the remaining cards after the deal are awarded to the winner of the first war.
- The player with the maximum number of cards wins the game.
Variations of war card game - Based on the war card game rules for tie-breaking wars, the gameplay may differ as follows:
- The basic game is where the players put down a card from their deck on top of the tied card. This card faces down. A third card is played facing up and the highest value wins.
- The players look at the number on the tied card and place an equal number of cards facing down on top of it. Then the next card is played face-up to determine the highest value. For instance, if the tied card value is 5, then they place five cards facing down and the 6th card face up.
The card value for face cards is 10 in this variation and Ace is 11. Therefore, players must put down 10 cards if they tie with Jacks, Queens, or Kings and 11 cards if they tie with Ace.
- The players put down three cards facing down as a general rule and the fourth card faces up to settle the war.
GetMega is an online gaming platform that allows you to win money not only by playing your favorite games but also with the help of signup bonuses, leaderboard rewards, and contests and tournaments.
You can also practice your gameplay, especially in games of Poker, Rummy, Pool, etc. to familiarize yourself with the rules before you move on to live tables. This is why GetMega is the best platform to play games online.
GetMega is India's favorite card game app with best in class interface and real players. With 10,000+ daily players on the app, you can win up-to Rs 1,00,000 everyday. Download the GetMega Hold 'em Poker now!