How To Play Strip Poker: Meaning, Rules, Tips, Strategies And More
Table of content:
- What is Strip Poker?
- Who should you play strip poker with?
- How to play Strip Poker?
- Rules of Strip Poker
- Tips and Strategies to win
- Benefits of playing poker on GetMega
Poker can be fun for friends and family. Or how about a round with your spouse when the stakes are much higher. Not that you can’t play strip poker with strangers too…
These days, strip poker has also made its way into casinos and tournaments. If you dare, go ahead and try your luck. If nothing else, you may end up having tons of fun with strangers.
GetMega is India's favorite Hold'em Poker app with best in class interface and real players. With 10,000+ daily players on the app, you can win up-to Rs 1,00,000 everyday. Download the GetMega Hold 'em Poker now!
Strip Poker is a high-stakes, albeit a little naughty version of the original poker game.
In a strip poker game, you don’t bet chips. Instead, you bet your items of clothing which makes it all the more fun and challenging with a zing.
Strip poker was introduced as a game for couples but you can play with open-minded adults who don’t object to a little naughty punishment for losing. As long as the game is played with consenting adults, strip poker games can be quite enjoyable.
Basically, people bet on items of clothing that they are wearing and strive to win the hand. The objective of the game is to win with as many clothes on as possible. However, if you discard an article of clothing you cannot put it back on unless you win the round.
Strip poker is a fun game and is frequently played as an adult party game. It can be played among the bachelors or in bachelorette parties and can even be played among couples. Like many other variations of poker, it is best to play strip poker among a group of 4-6 people.
Strip poker is usually played as a five-card draw since the rules are simple and less competitive. Strip poker can be played by more than two players, as per your philosophical bend. Keep in mind though that you will be stripping out of the clothes you’re wearing, so choose your opponents wisely.
Make sure to float the idea past your opponents beforehand and ensure there are no children participating in the game.
Also, in order to play strip poker, you don’t necessarily need to start stripping. The game night can begin with chips or money and once a player runs out, they can start betting their clothes.
Now, here’s how do you play the strip poker game:
- Each person is dealt a card by the designated dealer.
- The players then go around the table asking to exchange one or more cards from the deck.
- The dealer then deals out another card, followed by a round of betting or calling.
- Five cards are dealt for each player unless someone folds or forfeits.
- The process of exchanging, betting and calling continues till all players unanimously agree on a betting value.
- In order to spice things up, you can also add an element of betting additional items of clothing in each round.
- When the cards are shown, the player with the highest hand value wins and keeps all their clothes on. Every loser who did not fold must discard one item of clothing.
- If there was betting involved, then the losers must also take off the piece of clothing they waged.
- The game ends when most players are down to their underwear and forfeit the game. In the couple’s version, there is usually a clear winner and a clear loser when one of them is completely stripped.
If the game is about to end too quickly but you want to continue the fun, the players can opt for truth or dare in place of discarding their clothing. The winner gets to ask questions and the loser must answer or take a dare. However, if a piece of clothing is already removed, the players cannot put it back on in exchange for truth or dare.
Although it is an entertaining variant of the original game and the guidelines are pretty flexible, it is good to set some ground rules to keep the game fair.
- Value – It could get ugly if a female player has to take off her shirt while the male player gets to take off a sock. The fun goes out the window pretty soon if the players are competitive. Assign a value to each item of clothing to keep the game fair, especially in a group. Jewelry, glasses, watches, and hairbands do not count as wagers though.
- Folding – A player can fold any time during a game of strip poker. They must still discard the clothes they bet before they folded.
- Forfeiting – If a player is uncomfortable, maintain allowance to forfeit the game any time they choose. However, they must discard the item of clothing they had wagered during gameplay.
- Blinds – There are no big and small blinds in strip poker. If you choose to include a betting element or one round of wagering money, then you can have a big and small blind at the players’ discretion.
- Clothing – In order to keep the gameplay fair, make sure that all players have a specified number of items of clothing. If someone has more, that gives them an unfair advantage.
- Betting – Players can decide if they want to bet one item of clothing in five individual rounds as the cards are dealt. They can also choose to bet money till the last round where they must bet with clothing.
- Turns – The player sitting on the left side of the dealer starts the game. In the next turn, the player on the left of the starting participant goes first.
- Winning – The player with the highest hand value, i.e., the combination with the highest value wins. If all players have exchanged and checked their hands and no one has a sequence, then the player holding the highest pair of cards wins.
The rules of strip poker are not very stringent. Therefore, if you want to have fun, be considerate towards your opponents and allow some concessions.
Although not a rule, if you are hosting a game of strip poker, make sure to maintain a warm and amiable temperature so as not to freeze the losers. Also, don’t jump at people’s throats if they tend to playfully ignore the rules. You don’t need to be Monica Geller to win the game. Just have fun.
Although a strip poker game is to induce fun and laughter, you can still follow some simple tips to win.
The first and foremost thing to remember is strategy. Regardless of whether or not you are competitive, always strategize first. This can start at the beginning when you’re deciding the rules of the game.
For instance, if all players agree, then each shoe can be used for individual rounds of betting. Similarly, if no one specified a certain number of items of clothing for fair play, opt for additional items of clothes.
However, when the rules are set in stone, follow the basic strategies to win.
- Always evaluate the hand of cards you were dealt before you bet your clothing.
- Minimize the amount of bluff unless you want to strip quickly.
- Unless you’re in a blind position (only if all players agree on a blind game) try not to play the round.
Remember, the winner of the overall game is the person who has the most number of clothing still on them. You don’t really win the clothes that the others discard. You can only keep what you haven’t betted and lost yet.
Therefore, if you’re playing to win, strategize in advance.
GetMega is an online platform for all your gaming needs. This is no different for poker.
Playing a game of poker on GetMega allows you to learn the gameplay. You can take your time to familiarize yourself with the rules and identify optimum solutions to various hands in the game.
Additionally, the GetMega platform is highly secure against cyber-bullying and nastiness. You can take the opportunity to refine your gameplay without being mocked. Start on an amateur table with low stakes and win a few rounds before you move on to a high-stakes table.
However, the biggest, most profitable benefit of playing poker on Getmega is the real-time cash you can earn. You can withdraw the money to your bank account at any given time by simply transferring it via an online payment method such as Google Pay, PayTM, PhonePe, etc.
Get playing and start earning today.
There are more Indian card games that are equally popular. Poker is one such game on GetMega. Play contests and tournaments with 100,000+ players and win more than 10,00,000 on GetMega.
Download the GetMega Hold 'em Poker now!
|What is the easiest poker to play?||No-Limit Texas Holdem is the easiest poker to play.|