How to play SitNGo Poker
Table of content:
Sit and go poker is a single table tournament, also referred to as STT. It is becoming one of the most emerging forms of online poker, owing to the time it takes to complete the game. Sit n go poker is usually over within an hour, with a maximum stretching of 2 hours. The limited number of players and the increments in blinds propels the game forward with great speed. Since a sng poker has a smaller number of players, the size of the pool is small too. Sit and go poker tournaments have a number of variants played throughout the world. This is a great game for beginner poker players to test their poker knowledge and gain experience before playing in the games.
GetMega is an amazing platform that lets you play Hold'em Poker with friends & family on video-chat with real money. Sounds fun, isn't it? Download the GetMega Hold 'em Poker now!
Sit n go poker begins as soon as the minimum required number of players join the table and then at once, the game commences. There is no waiting time. Although sng poker can be played between 2 players, most tournaments require at least 6 players. The number of players depends on the kind of game you are entering. One of the most differentiating features of sit and go poker tournaments is that the blinds keep increasing at intervals throughout the game thus prompting the game to finish faster. Once the players pay the buy-in amount, all are given the same number of pre-fixed chips and the game begins.
The end game of sit n go poker tournament is essentially the last one standing. The players using all their chips get eliminated and the last 2-3 players, depending on the kind of game, win the game and win cash according to the buy-in having a structured pay ratio between the winners.
Below are the basic sit n go poker rules that should be kept in mind so that you have an understanding of how to game pans out –
1. The game of sit and go poker has a set predetermined number of players usually ranging from 6-10.
2. The game starts when the set required number of players have joined.
3. The players can join when they give the buy-in which is the set amount of money required to join the game.
4. In sng poker the blinds have the alternate purpose of controlling the time of the game. The blinds are increased at a defined rate throughout the game so that each player comes down to one of the 2 outcomes –
· Increasing their number of chips so that they can stay longer
in the game
· Losing all of their chips to the blinds and thus getting eliminated
5. Since sit and go poker is a short-term game, there is no break in between. This game is played in one go.
6. The last remaining 2-3 players win the pot.
Now that you know about the rules of the sng poker game, it will also help you to know about some of the types of sit and go poker played in tournaments that are as follows –
· Regular – In a regular sng game, there are a fixed number of players that pay the buy-in and all players get the same amount of chips- no more, no less.
· Rebuy – In a rebuy sit and go poker all the players have the option of buying more chips with some restrictions.
· Double or Nothing – This is one of the most popular sng poker game in which half of the total players survive and get double their stake whereas the other half gets nothing.
· Heads-up – In this type of sit n go game of poker, there is one-on-one competition between players.
· Shootout – In this type of SNG poker game there are multiple table of players in which the winners of each table come together and compete, where only a single winner remains.
These were some of the types of sit and go poker games that are played in online tournaments.
Now that you know the rules and some of the types of SNG poker tournaments, the next thing you need to know is how to go about the game.
Since all tournaments have a beginning, middle and an end, the sit and go poker is no exception.
Starting Phase -
Being a knock-out game, the sit n go poker is shorter than your typical tournaments, which means that even if you didn’t have a good chance at the start, you can cover it in the middle and the end phase of the game, coming in second or third place.
It is important that you don’t touch at least two-thirds of your chips in the starting phase and fold more hands in the beginning so that other players get eliminated.
Middle Phase –
In the middle stages you have to stay safe unless you have a high ranking hand. The most important part of this phase is to make sure that you have enough chips to last you through the final phase. Don’t take risks in this phase as you have to make it to the last, unless you are confident. A number of players will get eliminated in this phase. If you have a chance of getting ahead of the other players you should take it.
The Last Phase –
After surviving the middle stage, you will enter the final phase of the sit n go poker. In this phase, the blinds will be very high and considering the fight of surviving the middle stages, the players will considerably loosen up in the final stage.
At this point in the game, if you make it to top 2-3 then you have nothing to lose because according to the rules the last 2-3 players win the game, receiving a specific pay ratio.
So, now that you know everything about sit n go poker tournaments, why not try it out for yourself. Download the GetMega Poker app now, play these tournaments and have a lot of fun!