How to Play and Rules of Super Texas Hold'em?
Table of content:
- What are the basic rules of super texas hold’em?
- How to play super texas hold’em?
- What are the strategies to follow while playing super texas hold’em?
Super texas hold’em is a variant of the most popular game – Texas Hold’em. A high action poker game, super texas hold’em is loved by the fans texas hold’em. Since both these games are quite similar, to play the game of super Texas hold'em, it would help the player if he/she is aware of how to play the game of Texas hold’em.
In this article we will cover all the basic frequent questions asked about super texas hold’em, so let’s get started!
Being derived from texas hold'em, super texas hold’em has almost the rules. While playing this poker game, you need to keep the following in mind –
1. In super texas hold’em each player is dealt 3 hole cards, which are private cards and are only visible to the player who received them. Opponents cannot see the players’ cards.
2. Then, the dealer places a total of 5 community cards, face up, on the board in an orderly fashion – first 3 cards are dealt, then 1 single card is placed and then the last single card is placed. These community cards are visible to all the players playing the game.
3. Similar to texas hold’em, the super texas hold’em poker game follows the same procedure for bettings. Turn by turn, every player gets to bet. These bets are placed before and after each community cards are dealt on the board.
4. All players have to use at least one of their hole cards together with the shared community cards to make the best possible 5 card hand.
5. The player with the best 5 card hand out of all the other players, wins and gets the pot.
Like almost all the poker games out there, super texas hold’em also begins after placing the blinds, which are made by the players. 2 of the players will pay into the big blind and the small blind respectively. Usually the small blind is half the size of the big blind. The rest of the players playing the game have to pay the ante. An ante is basically the amount a person pays to become the player of the game and start playing.
Since this game will be played online, once the blinds and ante are made, the players will get their cards and chips automatically, providing the players with a smooth and hassle-free gaming experience.
The pre-flop round
After the players receive their 3 hole cards each, they enter the pre-flop betting round. In this round, the players have to choose their betting option based only on the 3 hole cards received by each of them. Every player has 3 options –
· Call – This option allows the player to match the amount of the big blind
· Raise – This option allows the player to raise the bet by doubling the amount of the big blind
· Fold – This option will mean the removal of the player from the current hand.
If the player has chosen the option to call or raise the bet, then that player will proceed to the next betting round.
After the pre-flop super Texas hold’em round ends, the flop round begins. In this round of super texas hold’em, the dealer deals three cards which are dealt face up on the board. These 3 community cards are known as ‘the flop. Now, the players have to evaluate their hole cards with the 3 shared community cards placed on the board. In this betting round, including the above mentioned 3 betting options, one player has an additional betting option – check. This means that the player will not put anything into the pot and still stay in the game. Essentially while using the check option, the current player passes the action to the next player.
After the completion of the flop betting round, the ‘turn’ round begins. ‘Turn’ is the 4th shared community card placed face up on the board by the dealer. In this round, the betting options offered to the players are the same as the options offered on the last betting round. That is, the players have the option to call, raise, fold or check. If the players are playing the limited version of super texas hold’em, from this round, the initial size of the bet will be doubled. In this round, the players will have 7 cards, including their 3 hole cards and 4 shared community cards at their disposal to make the best 5 card hand.
This is the last betting round. The dealer will deal the 5th and the last community card on the board. This last community card is known as ‘the river’ or the ‘fifth-street’. The betting options in this round will be the same as in the last 2 rounds. The size of the bet will be the same as in the last round, that is the ‘turn’ round. Being the last betting round, in super texas hold’em, from here on out, no more cards will be dealt.
After the last betting round is over, the players who are still active, that is, the players who are still in the game, enter the showdown. Here, each player shows their hands. The player with the best 5 card hand combination wins the game of super texas hold’em and gets the pot. These hand rankings are based on the official poker hand rankings.
In case the players have the same hand ranking, the pot is split equally between the tied players.
· It is advisable to be aggressive when the player has a good hand.
· The player should fold when not having a good enough hand.
· A player should be focused on the pre-flop round, since each player gets 3 hole cards, and if those cards are good, the player will be easily able to make a high 5 card combination.
· It is advised that the player pay attention to the bets made in the pre-flop round by the opponents to get some idea on how strong or weak their cards are.
With this we come to an end of our article on super texas hold’em. Now that you know all the basics about this poker game, why not try it with your friends and family? Download the GetMega Poker app and begin a game of super texas hold’em now!