Learn Court Piece Card Game: Objective, Rules, Gameplay And More
Table of content:
- What is a court piece card game?
- About the game
- How to Play Court Piece
- Court Piece Rules and Scoring
- Court Piece Winning Streak
- Court Piece Variations
- How to earn money playing games on the GetMega app?
Court piece or as it is also known as Coat piece card game is a trick-taking game involving 4 players in partnership. The game has roots in India, although the exact origins cannot be determined with certainty.
The game involves scoring as many court piece tricks as possible in a predetermined time frame. The players or teams who win the highest number of tricks win the court piece card game online and offline, whichever version they are playing.
GetMega is an amazing platform that lets you play with friends & family on video-chat with real money.
Sounds fun, isn't it? Download the app now!.
The objective of the game is for each team to win court piece tricks with the highest card in the suit or a trump card. The team or players with the maximum number of tricks during the court piece gameplay which is inadvertently converted to points.
Players also strive to win the 52 courts in collaboration with their teammates for a head-start in the game. In most cases, this generates a sure winner.
2. How to play?
At the beginning of the game, the 4 players are divided into teams of two. The teammates must sit opposite each other during gameplay and accept invites as they come.
The players must specify a time period for the entire gameplay so the winners can be determined.
The dealer is chosen at random at first and the player sitting on their right cuts the deck. The dealer when then proceed to distribute 5 cards facing down to each player. The person who cut the deck also announces the trump suit for the current round before the dealer follows up with distributing the remainder of the deck. Four cards are dealt out together at this point in two rounds.
The deck cutter now starts the game by playing any card in their hand and the other players follow the suite that they introduced. If a player doesn’t have that suit then they can play another card including a trump card if they want. The highest-ranked card in the suit introduced is the winner. In case one or more trump cards are played then the highest trump card wins the court piece tricks.
The team to win the maximum tricks also wins the game.
3. Rules of court piece
There are a few Court Piece rules that you must follow during gameplay. These guidelines are applicable to both offline and online court piece games:
- The timeframe for the game or the maximum number of rounds must be decided beforehand.
- The dealer for the first round is chosen at random, however, in the following rounds they are chosen based on the following
- The player to the right of the dealer cuts the deck of cards, calls the trump and starts the game.
- If the player who chose the trump or his team wins a court then the dealer’s teammate will be the new dealer for the next round.
- If the player who chooses the trump or his team doesn’t score a court but wins the round, then the same dealer deals again.
- If the dealer or his team wins, then the player who chose the court is the new dealer.
- The trump must be announced after the first 20 cards are dealt but before the next 32 cards.
- The remainder of the deck must be distributed 4 cards at a time to each player.
- The winner of each trick will start the next trick.
- Scoring begins only after all the tricks in a round are played.
- When the timeframe ends, the player with the highest score wins.
- If a player on the opposite team cheats or misplays their hand, the other team scores a court.
4. Tips and tricks
The game is pretty straight forward but there are a couple of tricks you can use to win:
- Don’t cheat or the other team inadvertently wins a court.
- Try to win tricks using the cards with 8 and below in the first few rounds.
- Lose the first two or three tricks by encouraging your opponents to play their high-value cards in the beginning.
- If you win the 7 consecutive tricks to score a court, opt to continue the game to try your hand at winning 13 tricks. If you succeed, your team wins 52 courts which is essentially a given win.
- When you play online court piece games, try to prevent using your high-value cards and trump suite till the end unless the opponents are already on a consecutive winning streak.
These incredible tips and tricks can be used during the court piece game to score additional points, especially the 52 courts which pretty much decide the winner before gameplay ends.
5. Scoring and ranking
The scoring system for the court piece card game is very simple.
If the players of one team win 7 tricks consecutively, they score a court. Once this is done, the players can choose to reset the game or continue to play.
At this time, the team with a court can strive to win the remaining 6 tricks as well which makes a total of 13 consecutive court piece tricks won. On this rare occasion, the team scores 52 courts.
If the players reset the game to the next round after one team wins a court then the court piece or point is carried to the next round to be calculated after the timeframe ends.
According to court piece card game rules, the ranking of cards in a game of court piece is Ace to two. That means Ace is the highest value card followed by Kings, Queens, Jacks, 10s, 9s, 8s, 7s, 6s, 5s, 4s, 3s, and 2s where 2 has the lowest value.
In some games of court piece, the players choose the trump suit from one of the cards they are holding.
You can also play a court piece card game by keeping a trump card from the selected suite facing down and not announcing it. Only when the chooser needs to use cards from the trump suit, they can reveal it.
Another Variant is Double Sir where when a player wins a certain trick, the cards remain on the table. If they manage to win a consecutive trick, only then do they collect the cards.
If you want to practice your skills then there are several downloadable court piece games available offline on your computer. You can also play the court piece online with friends and family. If you cannot find a companion, you can play an online court piece with random strangers to add a bit of thrill to your gameplay.
In this real-time online gaming platform, the initial dealer may be selected at random, and then any participant on the opposing side (the side which lost the game) may function as the dealer. If the side of the dealer wins that round, then they will get the privilege to take over as a new dealer. According to the Court Piece Regulations, when any player wins and despite of that win, they don’t take an advantage to score the court, then under such circumstances, the dealer will remain unchanged.
The dealer in this game rearranges the deck, and the player on the right cuts it. Each participant has to deal with a hand of five cards in the anti-clock orientation. The participant who makes the cut attains an advantage to proceed to call the Trump suit. The total number of cards in each player’s hand must be 13!
Before proceeding towards the other aspects of scoring, winning and Court Piece Tricks, it is pertinent to mention and understand the Court Piece Rules. Read below:
· The team which lost the match in the previous round is the one to whom the dealer belongs to.
· When the dealer triumphs the game, the player on their right will commence and proceed with the next deal.
· If the ones who calls the trump succeeds the trick, but somehow abstains from scoring the court, then under such situation the dealer already existing wins the game.
· The scoring starts at the stage, once the participants play their hand and succeeds in a round.
· There are aggregate scores for numerous rounds coped up by the participants. The team which succeeds need to score high and better by attaining the maximum of the tricks by their side and their favour.
· If any team succeeds with the 7 straight tricks in the Court Piece card game, then they without any other formalities wins the game.
· When participant from the other team is caught being deceitful, even then, the team holds right to score a coat. This automatically puts an end to the existing round.
· Any team which succeeds with the first 7 court piece tricks can jump to the next round or continue with the other hands.
· Winning in entirety i.e., 13 hands and 52 courts is very tough and next to impossible
The team which first wins the majority of courts, is definitely the one who leads the game and score the maximum points. The technology has advanced to such an extent that today we can connect to our favourite people in no time and such games gives us an opportunity to interact while earning and playing. Teams have 2 options. First to win the 7 courts consecutively and secondly, to win as much as possible.
The Coat Piece game is one of the most popular and renowned game which is player at very large scale across the nation and this is the reason that it comes up with multiple variations
· Few players follow a specific strategy i.e., to focus completely on trump caller instead of trump suit announcement and opt them out from the best 5 cards out there.
· Certain players place the cards in such a position that it has its face towards down, demonstrating the trump suit, and rest all else, except the trump caller, is uninformed of the trump suit. It's a fascinating variation in which the games go on without a trump until the trump indicator is revealed. If the Trump caller is unable to cope with the suit, the Trump card is revealed, and the suit of the trump card is then followed.
Another variation which is commonly seen is the random selection of the trump indicator card amongst the best 5 cards of the participant. Here, even the participant remains unsuspected of the trump suit till the time of its disclosure!
Another Variation is the Double Sir (Sar): Here the Sar means hand. Everything remains the same except the thing that the one who wins the hand holds no right to take away the cards. They prefer to keep them face-down in the middle of the table. They may only choose the tricks after winning two sequential ones. Even if they lose the 12th hand, the team that wins the 13th hand can collect the pile.
Hidden Rung: Double Sir is further categorised into another variation called Hidden Rung. Here, the very first participant makes a selection from the 5 cards that are dealt. Without informing it to anybody, the player reserves right to pick a trump and make it face downwards. The participant who does not follow suit holds an option to ask for trump and play a trick is he finds it possible to perform
The GetMega app allows verified users to play a multitude of games online with other skilled opponents.
In order to earn money on GetMega, you can partake in contests, tournaments, or play on several tables. You can also join the paid hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly leaderboards to earn additional cash and rewards by consistently maintaining your position in the top 10.
GetMega is India's favorite card game app with best in class interface and real players. With 10,000+ daily players on the app, you can win up-to Rs 1,00,000 everyday. Download the GetMega Hold 'em Poker now!