How to Play Courchevel Poker?
Table of content:
- Setting of the game
- What is the Objective of the courchevel poker game?
- What are the Rules of the courchevel poker game?
- How to play the courchevel poker game?
- History of Courchevel Poker
- Courchevel Poker Hand Rankings
Courchevel poker is a variant of one of the most played poker games in the world – Omaha poker. This variant, although not as famous, takes Omaha poker to another level. Courchevel is a game of 5 cards and its main differentiating factor from Omaha poker is that the first community card is placed face up before the beginning of the first betting round.
In this article, you will learn about how to actually play a game of courchevel poker by reading about the rules of the game, how to play it, and thus understanding how the game works.
GetMega is India's favorite Hold'em Poker app with best in class interface and real players. With 10,000+ daily players on the app, you can win up-to Rs 1,00,000 everyday. Download the GetMega Hold 'em Poker now!
The courchevel poker game is played using a standard deck of 52 cards and poker chips. Every player is dealt 5 cards, face down, known as hole cards. 5 community cards are dealt on the board. The first community card is dealt face up while the rest are dealt face down.
The objective of this poker game is similar to Omaha – that is, by using exactly 2 hole cards and any 3 of the 5 community cards, a player has to make the best five card hand out of all the players to win the pot.
Being a variant of Omaha poker game, the courchevel card game has similar rules that is easy to learn, especially if you know the rules of Omaha. One should keep the following rules in mind when playing the game –
1. In courchevel poker, every player is dealt 5 hole cards which are their own private cards and cannot be seen by the other players.
2. Then 5 community cards are dealt on the board, face up, in an orderly fashion – the first single card, then two cards together, then another single card and then the last single card.
3. In courchevel poker, the first community card is dealt before the first round of betting, after which the remaining 2 cards are dealt. These three cards together are called ‘the flop’.
4. The betting rounds take place before and after each of the community cards are placed on the board.
5. All the players playing the game have to use exactly 2 of their hole cards in conjunction with any 3 community cards to make the best 5 card hand to win the pot.
Now that you are familiar with the rules of the game, lets get to know the 3 betting limits of courchevel –
· Limit courchevel – In this type of game the size of the bets are determined before the commencement of the game. Since this game spans over 4 betting rounds, the size of bets in the first 2 rounds is most of the time half the size of bets in the last 2 betting rounds.
· No-Limit courchevel – In this type of game with the lower limit of betting amount decided beforehand, there is no fixed upper limit to placing the bets. The players can even bet all of their chips.
· Pot-Limit courchevel – In this type of game the size of the bet is restricted to the size of the pot.
After covering the betting limits of this game, let's get down and see how an actual game of courchevel poker is played.
First things first, the blinds. This game consists of 2 blinds – the big blind and the small blind.
The big blind is usually the minimum bet required to play the game. The small blind is usually half the size of the big blind. These blinds are made by 2 players before the commencement of the game by the position of the dealer button, which is used when the players are also taking up the role of a dealer.
After the blinds have been made, the game of courchevel card game begins.
1. The first betting round
Here, before the actual betting, every player is dealt 5 hole cards one at a time. These 5 hole cards can only be seen by the player who received it and not by other players.
Before the first betting round begins, the dealer places the first community card, face up on the board. Each player, after evaluating their own hole cards together with the single shared community card can make one of the following actions –
· Call – By choosing this option, the player will place the amount equal to the big blind
· Raise – By choosing this option, the player will raise the bet which will be double the size of the big blind
· Fold – By choosing this option, the player will not place anything in the pot and will no longer be a part of the hand, thus becoming ineligible to win the hand.
2. The flop round (Second betting round)
After the first betting round is completed, the dealer then places two community cards, face up on the board, known as ‘the flop’.
Now there are a total of three community cards placed on the board. The players will evaluate their 5 hole cards and the 3 community cards and make their betting decisions. From this round, the first player has an additional betting option – to check which means that the player will stay in the hand without giving anything to the pot.
3. The turn round (Third betting round)
After the second betting round is completed, the dealer then places the fourth community card on the board, known as ‘the turn’.
Now a total of 9 cards, including 5 hole cards and 4 community cards are available to the players still in the game. In this betting round, the players have the same betting options as in the last round.
4. The river round (Fourth betting round)
This is the fourth and the final betting round. Here, the dealer places the fifth and last community card on the board known as ‘the river’. At this point of time, each active player has availability of a total of 10 cards. The betting takes place in exactly the same manner as the last two betting rounds.
5. The Showdown
The active players who remained in ‘the river’ round will enter the showdown. Each of these players will show their cards. The player with the best 5 card hand will win and get the pot. In case there is a tie between the players, the pot will be split equally between the tied players.
With the showdown and awarding of the pot we come to an end of how to play the courchevel card game. You now have all the theory needed to put the game into actual practice. So why wait? Download the GetMega Poker app now and enjoy a game of courchevel with your friends and have a fun time!
The definite source of the Courchevel card game is not known to anybody. Regardless of it, the anecdotes hold the roots of the game in either 1980’s or in the early stages of 1990’s at its namesake French Alps Ski Resort. It is also evident, that the people coming from other nations who come to Courchevel Resort were fond of poker and use to show their interest in this game. Albiet Poker was neither known nor played before it. In consequence, they created and designed their own personalised game. Couchevel Poker gains the recognition in now closed Aviation Club De Paris. The game made its very first online manifestation in 2013 but was never spread across masses. No event of tournament of this game has been played yet. Also, no contemporary step has been made further.
The way rankings are made to the standard poker, the similar method applies to the Couchevel Poker as well. It clearly applies that the Royal Flush is still considered to be the superior of all hands down to the upper-most card. It further demonstrates that every player acquiring the 5 down cards to utilize 5 community cards outcomes in few large hands. Watching the high-card hand winning is the exceptional thing. The common hands include the straight, flushes and full houses