Difference Between Sit-N-Go And Multi Table Tournament
Table of content:
- What is Sit N Go poker or SNG poker?
- What are Multi Table Tournaments or MTT in poker?
- MTT vs SNG (Multi Table Tournaments vs Sit n Go Tournaments)
Sit n Go Poker or SNG Poker, is a game of poker that usually lasts for about 20 to 60 minutes. This format is played between 6 to 10 players and has become very popular over time. Sit n Go Poker is similar to a lot of home games played between family and friends in the comfort of your home. Just like home games, if a player loses their chips, they are out of the game. The game continues till there are only 2 to 3 players left sitting at the table.
The prizes are then distributed according to who won. The prizes consist of the buy-in amount which was contributed by all the players. This type of poker is so popular because of its flexibility as well. The name of this format tells us a lot about the way these games are conducted. There is no waiting list for this game. No slots need to be booked prior to the start of a Sit n Go tournament. In these tournaments, the players can start playing as soon as they register with the gaming authorities present. These games can be offered on a 24-hour basis, depending upon the availability of the players.
WSOP, World Series of Poker rules for Sit n Go poker, are the rules everywhere. These rules indicate that there are two types of games offered in the Sit n Go format of the game- 6 handed and 9 handed. In the 6 handed games, the table consists of 6 players competing against each other. In the 9 handed games, the table consists of 9 players competing against each other.
There is a difference in the pay-out for both these types as well. In the 6 handed games, the following is the way the pay-outs are structured:
- the final prize is awarded to the final 2 players left competing with each other at the table
- the winner of the game gets 65% of the total price and the runner-up or the player who comes in second gets the remaining 35% of the total prize.
In the 9 handed games, the following happens:
- the final prize is awarded to the final 3 players left competing with each other at the table with the winner getting 50% of the total prize, the runner up or, the player who comes in second getting 30% of the total prize and, the second runner up or, the player who comes in third getting 20% of the total prize.
Sit N Go Tournament Strategies
- Game Dynamics: It is very important to understand the psychology of your opponents on the poker table. And it is too in Sit N Go tournaments. These tournaments offer various opportunities, so be careful while playing with amateur players as they may be playing many different hands aggressively. A solid strategy against them is to play a solid hand.
- Focus to win: The payout difference is big among the top places, so always focus to win.
- Observe patiently: The start of the SNG is easy. Just be in control and do go crazy in pots. Utilize this time to act smart and prepare yourself for the later stages of the tournament. Simply play solidly and observe other players’ gameplay.
- Experiment with your SNG: Try out the different formats, types, number of players, and speed to find an SNG suitable for you and go on to play.
- Watch out for the bubble: As the stage of bubble approaches where everyone cash out, many players become subdued whilst some players show aggression in an attempt to steal pots. So be aware of that.
Multi table tournaments or MTT are a format of Poker players throughout the world. This format is adopted by a majority of Poker Tournaments held across the globe. MTT are famous for their big payouts and intense Poker. The unique thing about MTTs is that they can be played by both amateurs and professionals. These games consist of multiple tables, comprising 9 to 10 players each, competing against each other. The winners of these tables then get together and play at a final table to win the final prize of the tournament.
There are many forms of poker offered at these tournaments. Players can choose from any of these forms of poker that they prefer. Players need to decide which form or variation of poker they want to play. Even though multiple forms of poker are offered to all the players, Texas Hold’em is the most preferred and played game of the tournament.
Due to the size of the tournament and the experience that other players get to the table, it is very important that beginner players have the patience and discipline needed while playing the game. Getting too aggressive too fast is where a lot of players lose and have to forfeit the game. Due to the variety of experience players bring, we also get to witness a lot of different styles of playing poker. Players who have experience on their side know how to play in these tournaments.
Being a multi table tournament, the bankroll needed to successfully play and win a game is also very high. A lot of players make the mistake of taking this point lightly and end up losing a lot of money playing in a very aggressive way.
MTT vs SNG is a very interesting topic. These are two very different formats of the same game. Apart from the gameplay of both these formats, everything is very different. When talking about MTT vs SNG, one needs to bear in mind the magnitude of both these games. While Sit n Go games are easy, MTT games are much harder due to the long games.
In MTT vs SNG, the pay-out sizes also differ a lot. In MTT games, the pay-out sizes are much larger as compared to SNG games. Strategies also come into play while talking of MTT vs SNG. MTT games require a lot more strategizing as compared to SNG games. To be fair, MTT vs SNG is only possible when looking at the whole experience is to be taken into account. The whole experience while comparing games from MTT vs SNG is important because these are both two different formats of the game.
One is a very competitive and professional format while the other is a very laid back and relaxed format. The fact that the competition is to get to the final table in MTT games makes it more competitive. Another factor to keep in while comparing MTT vs SNG is that players usually play SNG games to fund their MTT games.
SNG games tend to provide players with enough experience to play an MTT game properly and win the prize money. In short, while comparing MTT vs SNG, one needs to look at a multitude of factors and cannot just compare them one on one. It is a good decision to play SNG games and then go on to play MTT games.
Now you know all about MTT vs SNG. Download the GetMega Poker app and play with your friends now!